jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2011

Germanic passion: I krig!

Remember my fear of  Tuesdays? I forgot to say Óðinn is sometimes a tricky bastard... and it was his day today. I had one hell of a morning, in the worst sense possible. It was a stressful, strange morning ultra-filled with work, visits, phone calls and even quarrels with those above me. And all that without knowing if I'd be working tomorrow...
4 hours of agony (I even got hungry and had to eat my apple in front of the people for I couldn't even go to the toilet or for a coffee) and then an extra hour dealing with problems with the main server. And the bastard didn't feel like cooperating.... 30 minutes purging the e-mail...
In the end I was told I still got the job... and then I wanted to share the news with someone, anyone I know, but none were there... so depressing... Still, I've thought of going to my faculty tomorrow dressed in my black woolen medieval hooded-cloak, enter my chiefs office and in a freaky twist kneel down before him in Vader-like manner, breathing heavily and say "What is thy bidding, my master?". Wouldn't that be epic!?

Now, chronologically there is a hole in my mind and I don't remember whether it was yesterday or today that I read a piece of news in which it was stated that our armies nowadays (well, at least in the US) are beginning to acknowledge and respect the heathens and pagans among their ranks. There is still hope for our Western culture...

Anyway, just as I did yesterday I did so again today and went to the library, that tiny piece of Hell where the books are kept in my faculty and where eggs can be fried on the tables. I found a couple of books after actually browsing through in two different sections. As I was reading the first one, I was surprized by the content and the ideas... but then moved to the second and third one. It was reading the third one that I saw many of my hypothesis regarding Old English in print. It made me happy, you know. Seeing that what I came up with all by myself after all these years and that is actually work being dealt with in select groups of scholars... I'm proud of myself.
I even read a few things regarding the Germanic tribes, many of which I already knew or had thought about being true, and it got my spirits up. I don't know whether this, music or viking garment-making are my true calling... or maybe all of them, but I feel I'm on the right track. If it gets the heart pounding it's the right thing... and I hardly ever get it over 54 bpm...

So, alas my readers, my last two pieces of happiness to share with you are that a woman sniffed me today and said that I smelled good, and I use no cologne! So it got her a smile. And the second one, which was actually the first, is that a certain black lady showed her appreciation for my writing/deranged thinking. All I can do is bow and say thank you for your reading time, and thank you for your compliments.
I give you all a hearty smile in the night and wish you all a better day tomorrow, the day of the thundergod and protector of mankind.

Enjoy this fine evening and, if you will, this song about the enemies of the people by the Norwegian Black Metal band Vreid:

Han stod åleine i si strid med mobben
Men har bar sigeren heim - Rygg mot vegg!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario